Tuesday, May 29, 2012

How He Loves Us

I was overwhelmed in church tonight as I could really feel just how much God loves us. It's enough to bring you to your knees for sure. I am so unworthy of the love, the grace, the mercy He gives me, yet He freely gives it. I became aware that when I sin, I am nailing my Savior to the cross. I am spitting in the face of God, and I nearly broke down at this thought. I pray I can remain pure and holy and set my mind on things above!

Seven months ago when I did a google search for short-term mission opportunities, I never imagined God had all this in store. It seemed like an small part of my life, but God knew, and again that is overwhelming. "He works all things together for the good of those who love Him" Romans 8:28. I know the Lord has my life in His hands. He has the whole world in His hands!!

Today was an exciting day as I drew blood for the first time! Now the guy's veins were HUGE so I really couldn't miss, but I was still really excited about it. I also saw pinworms in a stool sample, and that was pretty neat because I knew what it was before she told me! Thank you Organismal Biology! I've learned so much in the lab, and I really enjoy the company of the ladies in there.

I officially feel like a part of the community of Jucuapa. I walk around town and stop to talk to people I know from church or the clinic (in Spanish!). Even if my Spanish is less than up to par, I do my best to fellowship and encourage people I know. I feel very at home, and I know these people have so willingly accepted me into their lives. I definitely feel like part of the Rodriguez family as well. I already know that when the time comes to leave in 3.5 weeks, it will be very difficult.

On Saturday I am going to a Quincinera, and Patti (my friend from the lab) wants to straighten my hair and do my finger nails. Again, I feel like I truly am friends with these people, and it is amazing. Mi mama brought out two "dresses" for Lainey and I to try on for Saturday. We were dying laughing. 1. because they are so different looking 2. because they aren't exactly our personality. But you can be the judge.

Almost ready to go. Now we just need shoes, hair, make up, and jewelry according to mama

I thank God every single day for the blessings I receive. Thank you for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment