Friday, June 1, 2012

He will give you the desires of your heart

Yesterday my papa gave Lainey and I a talk about praying for your future husband. I thought I had him at first when I pridefully answered, "I do pray for my future husband!" He calmly continued by asking us if we were specific. Do we specify his hair color, eye color, personality, age. At first I thought, why should I be picky, God will bring me a great guy. I even challenged papa on this fact, and his only response was, "He will give you the desires of your heart."

That got me thinking. Its true isn't it? That the Lord loves us so much that He will give us the desires of our heart if we come to Him. Yes, I must surrender my life to His will, but He also loves for me and cares for me. I am not a puppet in His show, but I am His child, a beloved child of God! Don't parents want desperately to give their children the desires of their heart. I'm often reminded that I have such a limited view of God. There are so many beautiful aspects of God, and it is hard to grasp all of them in our simple minds. It is hard to hold seemingly opposing ideas in our minds. God is a God of wrath but also a God of love. He is a Just God but He is also a Merciful and Gracious God. I am humbled by how awesome my God is.

While this conversation was more helpful in giving me a greater view of my Lord, I also realized I better start making a list of what my heart desires :). Miguel also suggested trying the line, "Hola, pienso que puedemos tener ninjos bonita punta." I think I'll just put that one in my reserve, next to, "Do you know karate because your body is kicking."

It is beautiful how God works in our lives. Yesterday was a very slow day in the lab, but God gave me some answers yesterday. He showed me the next steps to take in my life, and He encouraged me to just trust Him. I am excited for what God has in store for me, and I am blessed to be able to serve my God. I pray you all know the love your father in heaven has for you. It will bring you to your knees.

1 comment:

  1. Reading your blog has really helped me to realize the true, deeper relationship that God wants with us. It is amazing to be able to read about the wonderful work God has done in your life just in 3 1/2 weeks! It is absolutely beautiful and I love it! You are doing a great work for the Lord and you are continually open to His lead! That is awesome and I am so very proud of all that you are! I love you and miss you so much and am just incredibly excited about all that you are doing and will do! <3

    ReplyDelete