Saturday, June 9, 2012

Bless the man who created Hammocks

As I'm relaxing in a hammock in the beautiful El Salvador sun under a lime tree, I can't help but thank God for the man who created hammocks. Lainey and I are down to our last two weeks, and it's hard to believe it's come so quick. At first I couldn't wait to leave and now I can't imagine leaving this place and these wonderful people. I've shared some wonderful moments with many of them, and even though a whole language separates us, they have become my friends. We still laugh and joke together (mostly at my poor Spanish), and I see Christ in them and their willingness to accept me (and not call me gringa).

Today another girl will join us here for our last two weeks. Tiffany will be teaching in the special education school, and hopefully Lainey will accompany her. I'm excited to see what these next two weeks hold, but I'm also eager to make the most of them. My devotion this morning was about "Initiating." We should be the ones who initiate the conversation with sinners, with other believers, with those in pain. Everyone needs the gospel, and we have been called by God to share it with everyone. So these last two weeks, I pray I can be bolder in my witness and show at least one person Christ and His love for us.

A few things I've come to love about El Salvador:
1) Liquada de pina

2) Spanish worship music and the Spanish language in general
3) My two families- Hawks and Rodriguezs

4) My friends Patti, Miriam, Maricela, and more!
5) Sunday morning breakfast



6) God's continual presence in this place


I have been so blessed this past month, and God has been slowly guiding me towards my next steps in life. I can only trust Him and His perfect plan. "As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless." Psalm 18:30


No comments:

Post a Comment