Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Special Friends

With only three days left, I am coming to realize just how much I will miss these people. Tonight, we had our regular Tuesday night church service, but at the end, they prayed for Lainey, Tiffany, and me. It was all I had in my sick-riddened body to not cry, but the love I felt was overwhelming. As Vivian wrapped her arms around me, and Miriam passionately prayed over us, I felt like I was truly in the body of Christ.

It was six simple words that nearly put me over the edge as Miriam told me, "I've never had friends like you." In six short weeks, I have made a friend so special, and the craziest part of that is we don't even speak the same language. My God is so great, and He is a God of love. He fosters relationships, all kinds of relationships. Tonight, I heard so many people tell me, "You are very special, and it's been a blessing to have you here!" Little do they know that they are the ones that should be told that. Everyone I've met here has been so special, and I truly have made friendships I pray last a lifetime.

I do not know what God has in store for me in the future, but I pray I can one day return here and perhaps even when I speak Spanish! Regardless, I will continue to pray for this community and these faithful believers. I pray God blesses them and their work here in Jucuapa.

No comments:

Post a Comment