Sunday, June 3, 2012

Expecting the Unexpected

I waited all week for this Quincinera, and the day had finally come! I was even excited to get a little dressed up and perhaps look decent since my last three weeks have been spent with my hair up and no make up. But if something can go wrong it will go wrong...according to Murphy. Yesterday Lainey and I helped Maricela and Kaitlin get ready since they are two of the lovely damas. Around 3:30 we went back to the house so we could change. Well it was pouring rain, and David drove off as soon as we were under the porch. Unfortunately, no one was home. We then proceeded to spend the next hour on the porch. We went through all the typical conversations people have when lost. Should we try to find our way back or stay where we are? Surely someone will come back for us right? At one point we were about to venture into the rain when lightning struck the house. We took that as a sign to stay put.

Finally we did venture out, and we arrived back at the Hawk's house. When I had thought I was doomed to go to the Quincinera in the scrubs I still had on, we found some clothes in Kaitlin's closet and was off. My hair was wet, I was sweaty, and I was no longer excited for this Quincinera... regardless it was still a wonderful experience. The food was good, and the company was even better.

Today we headed to Honduras, and around 5:30 we arrived in Tegucigalpa, the capital city. It's pretty exciting that we got to come to another country. We experienced the famous food of Honduras, baleadas. They were soooo good. I'm still having a hard decision between baleadas and pupusas though. They are both so good! Tomorrow we head to the farm school, and I get to see where Jessica (another VIA) will be spending 7 weeks!

As I get closer to the end, I grow sadder. I truly love this place and these people. They feel like my family, and I thank God for bringing me to this place. It was definitely an unexpected blessing, and I can't help but feel that I will be back here again.

But mostly I have learned to expect the unexpected because God has things we could never imagine instore for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment