Sunday, May 20, 2012

That Still Small Voice

The presence of God is so peaceful and so wonderful. I am so thankful for church this morning. Even though I did not understand what was said this morning, I felt the presence of God. There was so much worship and praise, and even the sermon was a blessing. I don't know exactly what was said, but it was on Jeremiah 18:1-6. I am clay in the potter's hand, and I will allow Him to mold me.

I'm really beginning to love it here. I have seen so much love, and I even feel useful. In church, I ran the powerpoint which was actually a lot more difficult than it sounds. In the afternoon, we went to a dance practice for a Quincinera, and somehow we got dragged into dancing. It was definitely an experience, and unfortunately there was a video taken. I'll try to put it up on youtube at somepoint. The Quincinera is on June 2nd, and I am really excited to experience this culture in that way.

On Sunday night we always do a cell group in the very poor part of Jucuapa. The kids are all dressed in the same outfit they wore a week ago, and they are covered in dirt. They only get running water to their houses about two days out of the week. We picked up a man on the way who was very drunk. Both his legs are broken because he fell out of a coconut tree while he was drunk. His daughter broke both her arms trying to pick fruit to sell for their family because they have absolutely no money. It really was a heart-breaking situation. We have so much in America, and we still complain. Please keep this family and the many other families like them in your prayers.

Remember, the Lord your God is always with you.

1 comment:

  1. I have read all of your blogs so far and am so thankful that you are so in love with God and His mission for all Christians! You are an amazing encouragement to me and I know so many others!

    ReplyDelete