Tuesday, May 22, 2012

There is no one like Our God

It was a slow day in the clinic today, but like 1 Corinthians 15:58b says, nothing I do is a waste of time or effort because I know I am doing the work of the Lord. Leave it to the nurses to make you feel better about a break up. They sure do crack me up. Dr. Franco also brought me some "paterna" to try. It's this really interesting fruit. Be sure to check my facebook for pictures of it. It was pretty good though. My favorite part of my day at the clinic was talking to William. If I do nothing else while here in El Salvador, I hope I can get him to smile a little more. He is the technology trouble shoot guy for the clinic, and he is very pessimistic. His english is pretty good, but he constantly says it is terrible, and he almost never smiles. We cracked a few out of him today though.

After the clinic, I was so blessed by the prayer meeting at the church. We had some amazing worship, and it was clear God was there. Although we sang it in spanish, I had the words "There is no one like Our God" branded in my mind. How true is that? There really is no one like our God. There is no one else who is always by our side. There is no one else who can wash us white as snow with the blood of the lamb. There is no one else who loves us like God loves us. I was overwhelmed. Miguel preached for a short time, but the only bit I caught was about having faith like a mustard seed. There was a very drunk man who wandered in and sat at the stairs of the church listening, but he kept yelling, so they led him out. I was very upset by this though. Aren't these the people that need to hear the word? Aren't these the people we should be preaching to?

When we came to our time of prayer, everyone got on their knees and prayed to God. It was clear the holy spirit was moving. I prayed for that drunk man. I pray that he heard something tonight that begins to stir in his heart. It was good to stop and talk to God. I don't do it enough. Prayer is one thing I struggle to do on a consistant basis. But tonight I told God everything, and I surrendered it all to Him. I cannot continue to try to plan my life like I do. Besides God already has it worked out, so I will faithfully serve Him while I wait for my next step.

Lainey, unfortunately, is VERY sick. Please pray for her. It's bad enough to be sick, but it is even harder to be sick in an unfamiliar place with unfamiliar people. I am feeling much better though, so thank you very much for your prayers. I am blessed to have strong believers praying for me.

After dinner, I came back to the Rodriguez's to find a house full of people, and the stove was fired up. There were some people from Honduras visiting, and they were cooking some sort of Honduran food. I tried a bit, and it was delicious, but I'd already had dinner. I felt very at home though, as I sat surrounded by smiling, loving people. There is something special about sharing a meal together and with laughter filling the room. I didn't understand most of the conversation, but Timmy was kind enough to keep me clued in.

I'm beginning to adjust to life here, and I'm sure as soon as I do, I will be thrust back into a new environment. I worry about going from six weeks of this to six weeks in a lab working with DNA. I feel so at home when I am serving like this. There's something so wonderful about serving the Lord so intentionally every day. I want my whole life to be spent serving My God.

Now, I simply pray that God reveal to me my next step after El Salvador and after Emory & Henry. I know He has great things in store for me, and I trust in Him.

Dios Le Bendiga

1 comment:

  1. I know God has awesome plans for you and will reveal them to you in His own way. He knows your future and has great things for you if you just listen and obey Him. He is so wonderful and such a provider! Please let me know if I can assist you in any way whatsoever. I would love to be of help!! Much love and I miss you so!

    ReplyDelete