Thursday, May 3, 2012

Preparation

I'm not sure any amount of time could prepare me for something like this. In four days, I will be flying into Indiana for orientation. I still have to do most of my shopping and packing. People ask me questions like what will it be like there? How rural is it? Will you have bathrooms? What kind of food will you be eating? The thing is I don't know the answer to any of these questions. I find it best to not go in with expectations.

I recently purchased a $4 book called "Becoming a Woman of Excellence." This book takes you through various scriptures to help you discern the biblical view of women and being a woman of excellence. I've only done one lesson, but so far I love it. I love diving into the scriptures and so directly applying it to my life. This is something I hope I can spend a lot more time on, especially while in El Salvador. Each lesson has a memory verse, and today it was Philippians 1:9-10. "This is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ."

I think this is a great prayer in preparation for this trip. I pray that God will work in my heart and that my love for Him and His word abounds. I'm excited to begin this journey in just a few days!

Dios Le Bendiga (Gotta practice my spanish).

No comments:

Post a Comment