Sunday, May 27, 2012

Even the Very Hairs on your Head are Numbered

Today was another incredibly blessed day. I cannot begin to tell you the joy I feel here in El Salvador. I am constantly in the presence of the Lord, and I am surrounded by such wonderful people. I do believe Lainey and I officially became part of the Rodriguez family. Timmy, Sammy, Lainey, and I all pitched in to make the secret family pancakes. Did you know it's not as hard as it looks to flip a pancake with just the pan? The whole family sat down to breakfast, and we practiced our spanish as we told them about our families. Again, it was the perfect Sunday morning. Miguel offered me some incredibly encouraging words about God's sovereignty, and I realized just how right he was. "And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than the sparrows." Matthew 10:30-31.

God has a plan for my life. He has every moment in His hands. He knew I'd be coming to El Salvador in 2012 before I knew how to walk. He has something planned for me, and I praise Him for whatever that is. I am already so incredibly blessed to have lived the life I have. God has always provided, and I've definitely been blessed with an incredible family and wonderful friends. I have so much to be thankful for, and I have joy in the Lord.

Church was wonderful, and I even caught MOST of the sermon. It was on obedience, and I couldn't help but reflect on Christ's obedience. He was obedient, even to death on a cross. I want to be obedient to God's will in this way.

After church we had a wonderful trip to Chinameca for a festival. We ate some delicious street vendor food and had a wonderful afternoon of fellowship. I had camarones on a stick...so shrimp shishkabobs. Delicioso. It was just wonderful to be so accepted, I truly feel like part of this family.


                                         Timmy chowing down on a burrito in Chinameca

Sunday nights at cell group are always a special treat because it is clear just how powerful God can move. Nearly 40 kids show up every Sunday to memorize bible verses, hear bible stories, and play games. These kids are the poorest in Jucuapa and many of them come without their parents. It reminds me of how the little kids came unto Jesus, and it is a trulyl beautiful site.

                                                 Mi madre y padre para seis semanas


Thank you for your prayers! They definitely have not gone unappreciated because it is your prayers that have made this such a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment